Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Top Ten Most Anticipated Films of 2014

My Top Ten Most Anticipated Films of 2014

Well 2013 has been a year that I think most people were half disappointed by. With most of the summer blockbuster type movies (the most anticipated ones) haven’t hit the mark we would hope for the award season movies have quite been awesome.  Looking at the lineup coming this year 2014 looks to be hopefully quite the year.  Maybe these will make up for the disappointments of the last year! Here are my top 10 most anticipated films of 2014.

10. The Amazing Spiderman 2
Why I’m excited: The story, I’m attached to the characters, the Spiderman lore is being further developed and looks super interesting.
What turns me off: The number of story elements and villians might bog it down and make it cheesy and unsatisfying *cough *cough Spiderman 3




9. Dumb and Dumber To

Why I’m excited: Jim Carrey, and Jeff Daniels back as one of the best comedy duos ever!
What turns me off: The producing and directing team behind this have been making pretty disappointing stuff lately. On top of that comedy genre can be a very dry genre of film.

8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Why I’m excited: It’s Captain America, and the winter soldier storyline is amazing!
What turns me off: The possibility of it following the Iron Man 3 route and completely butchering a great story.






7. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
 
Why I’m excited: The same Director of Catching Fire, which was pretty amazing, the book is amazing, and the stakes are epicly higher than ever.

What turns me off: The possibility of the tone from the books to be changed like they did first one.



6. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Why I’m excited: Rise of the Planet of the Apes was a surprisingly really great film and what Andy Serkis does to the character of Caesar is awesome. The trailer was pretty stinkin epic too.

What turns me off: The possibility of it sucking (that’s about it)






5. Godzilla

Why I’m excited: It’s Godzilla! Not to mention it stars Heisenberg himself, Bryan Cranston, who is one of the most talented actors working today.

What turns me off: Godzilla can be a very difficult to do and going the Transformers route would be a really bad possibility.


4. Guardians of the Galaxy

Why I’m excited: It’s a comic book story in which I have no knowledge on and from what I’ve heard about footage and the characters, this might just be (if done well) like Marvel’s Star Wars. Basically an epic space movie like we’ve never seen before

What turns me off: If they get it wrong this can be a stupid disaster of a film. And this looks like a very hard adaption to make.


3. The Hobbit: There and Back Again

Why I’m excited: It’s a middle earth movie and I have personally loved the previous two Hobbit films. Also, it’ll be interesting to see how they tie it in to The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I am pretty convinced the worst case scenario is that it’ll only be decent.

What turns me off: If it is anything short of epic!




2. Interstellar

Why I’m excited: Christopher Nolan! He is a boss at making a very fictional story have a really realistic and relatable feel. Combine a space sci-fi centered story to Nolan’s realism and Matthew McConaughey this has the potential to be one of the greatest films of all time.


What turns me off: Nothing really. But if this isn’t good I don’t know what kind of madness the world would turn too. In Nolan we trust!






1. X-Men: Days of Future Past

 Why I’m excited: Bryan Singer is directing? Both the present days and past mutants good and evil will have to team up through time travel? Wait the storyline is time travel centric? Basically every mutant from the X Men films are in this ambitious Comic book film? What is there not to get your nerd level pumped to the max!?!

What turns me off: Nothing. But if this ends up being anything short perfect I might not be able to function.

 Stay tuned for two weeks from today for... "Everything That Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Got Wrong"


No comments:

Post a Comment